I've been shamelessly behind on my bee quilting, so this weekend, I caught myself up. Here are photos of three of the four bee blocks I made yesterday.
This one is for Joan, one of the Incredible Shrinkers. It's a scrapbuster made from this tutorial. It took ages to cut out all those 1.5" squares; I did them one at a time since I didn't want any duplicates. I like the contrast with the dark background. This is going to be a very pretty quilt.
Lydia is in two bees with me. Here is the block she asked the Modern Tradition Bee to make for her. The block is called Stars Around the World, and it's from an old quilt book that she had. The fabric is Happy Campers from American Jane. I love the big, airy feel of this block.
The other block I made for Lydia was a quilter's choice block. She asked us to use Amy Butler fabric from the Love line to make a 12.5" block with straight lines and no obvious, traditional pattern. Here's what I managed to put together. I love these fabrics so much, but I find it hard to make them work together. Each one is a prima donna. So I'm not really happy with this one - I feel like it "tries too hard", but I'm not sure what else I could have done. I hope Lydia likes it well enough. I am very interested in seeing this top all together. The Love line is really one of my favourites, with all the rich colours.
The fourth one was one I finished late last night and I was desperate for my bed. I packaged it up before realizing I hadn't taken a photo of it. It was for Carmen in the Maple Leaf Bee, and she assigned us each a colour and asked us each to make trees. My colour was grey. So I made a 14" block of liberated trees. This -- liberated, wonky, improv, call it what you will -- is definitely not my best thing! But I did my best - fingers crossed that Carmen likes them!