What I did on the weekend.

/ Monday 28 March 2011 /
DSC_0231
Here's what I did this weekend.  Finished this HST quilt made from two charm packs of Maison de Garance and Bella Moda Snow.
DSC_0236
DSC_0230
I really like this block.  It looks great both close up and from a distance.
DSC_0239
DSC_0242
This is not a great photo, but you can see that the back is more French General, either from Rouenneries or Rural Jardin.
DSC_0249
Thanks to all who left a comment about their favourite old movie on my giveaway post.  Popular favourites included Gone With the Wind, Wizard of Oz, Arsenic and Old Lace.  I knew most of the ones that people listed, but there were a few that were unfamiliar to me that I want to check out.  Especially one with Myrna Loy and Cary Grant, two excellent comic actors.  The first winner chosen by the RNG was Cathy, who owns a fabric store.  (Not just any fabric store, but Wondrous Wovens, which provides excellent service, good prices and wide selection.  That's where I got my hoard of hard to find Marcia Derse fabrics. Also, Cathy sells all her yardage cut to order, including fat quarters, which is pretty uncommon, as far as I can tell.)  In light of her day job she generously declined the fabric pack, so I picked a second winner: Number 43 is Judith!  Judith and I obviously share a passion for Paul Newman in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.  Yay, Judith!  I'll pop those charms in the mail to you as soon as you send me your details!


19 comments:

{ Manda } on: 28 March 2011 at 17:47 said...

Quilt is beautiful! I really like that block too :)

{ Unknown } on: 28 March 2011 at 18:16 said...

Beautiful quilt! Lovely fabrics that went well with the block!

Congrats to the winner(s)! lol

{ Anne Simonot } on: 28 March 2011 at 18:33 said...

Well, obviously I missed the deadline for the giveaway, but I would like to add one more name to your list of old movies. If you have a chance, watch "The Best Years of Our Lives" - made in 1946, I think - about 3 American soldiers as they return to civilian life post-WW II. By far the best older film I have ever seen.

{ Sallie } on: 28 March 2011 at 19:15 said...

Beautiful quilt! Congratulations to the winner.

{ Jennifer } on: 28 March 2011 at 21:55 said...

looks wonderful!

{ Pokey } on: 28 March 2011 at 22:34 said...

Yea, another weekend well spent!
I love it, and the beautiful backing choice, Lesly.
:-}pokey

{ momto2wasd } on: 29 March 2011 at 03:27 said...

Great quilt! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Marcia Derse fabrics!

{ Judith, Belfast } on: 29 March 2011 at 04:02 said...

Thank you so much! I'm chuffed & this is a first for me! I love French General and your quilt shows the fabric off beautifully. Jxo

{ Claudia } on: 29 March 2011 at 11:15 said...

Beautiful quilt, Lesly. You certainly had a productive weekend!

Anonymous on: 31 March 2011 at 19:59 said...

Beautiful, so comfy looking. I can't believe you whipped it together in a weekend!

{ Debbie } on: 1 April 2011 at 09:35 said...

Your quilt is lovely!

{ Marjorie's Busy Corner } on: 1 April 2011 at 10:08 said...

very nice quilt...I love earthy colours

{ Lisa } on: 1 April 2011 at 14:38 said...

luv your quilt! very pretty!

{ ParisMaddy } on: 2 April 2011 at 12:15 said...

Lesly, what a lovely quilt. You are a very prolific quilt maker and I wish I worked as fast as you do! The fabrics are so pretty. I love that line.

{ Unknown } on: 4 April 2011 at 22:44 said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the primary and secondary patterns the HSTs make. Lovely.

{ My Little Part of Heaven } on: 7 April 2011 at 15:26 said...

What a beautiful quilt!
nice colors, nice design

{ Havely } on: 1 February 2012 at 00:36 said...

I love this quilt. Would you mind telling me what fabric you used for the back? The whole thing is gorgeous!

{ Lesly } on: 1 February 2012 at 08:15 said...

Havely, I don't know if you will see this reply to your comment. You are showing up as a no-reply blogger so I can't answer you directly. I don't recall the name of the particular print, but I'm pretty sure it came from the Rural Jardin line by French General.

{ Havely } on: 1 February 2012 at 09:05 said...

Thanks so much Lesly. Much appreciated!

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger