And now for something completely different

/ Tuesday 8 March 2011 /
Indeed, this is completely different from the quilt I posted about yesterday!  This is a simple quilt made from charm packs - I used two charm packs of Maison de Garance and two of Bella Moda snow, with a border from a Rouenneries print.
Maison de Garance HST top
It went together very easily - the hardest part was trying to settle on a layout, since HSTs can combine to form a near-infinite number of blocks.  Even more than I had ever considered, before I had a look at my second-hand bookstore score described here.  The one I finally picked wasn't even in the running when I asked for your help back in December.
Back view
I'm making this for a friend who's had a really horrible year.  She doesn't read this blog, and I hope it will be a pleasant and comforting surprise for her.  She truly deserves something much more substantially nice than a quilt, but we do what we can, right?
Hangin' out
On another note, this is International Women's Day, so I thought I would leave you with this short vidoe.  The message is sobering and not to lose sight of, but you get to see Daniel Craig in a dress.  Does he have nicer legs than you?  They're certainly nicer than mine!

7 comments:

{ Dresden Quilter } on: 8 March 2011 at 11:11 said...

It is gorgeous. Your friend will really appreciate and love it.

{ Suzanna } on: 8 March 2011 at 11:16 said...

Very powerful video. Thanks.

And I love the quilt! It looks fabulous. I often find charm-pack quilts look too scrappy for my taste, but not this one.

{ Jennifer } on: 8 March 2011 at 15:41 said...

love it!

we used the same block!

{ Claudia } on: 8 March 2011 at 18:10 said...

Very nice! Although it's not my usual style, I love this fabric line.

{ elle } on: 8 March 2011 at 18:26 said...

I think it is quite eye catching and will be a blessing!

{ Debbie } on: 8 March 2011 at 20:16 said...

yes his legs are better than mine!!

I love HST!
great pattern

{ Sandy } on: 9 March 2011 at 12:19 said...

Love your quilt.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger