As I mentioned, I went to the Creativ Festival in Toronto on Friday. It was a big show, and it included all kinds of crafty things, from scrapbooking to bra-making, from garment sewing to beading, knitting, and quilting. There was an awful lot to see! I was looking for new and interesting things that I couldn't live without, and I was also looking for giveaway items, as I mentioned in my last post, to mark a number of exciting events. The quilt booths seemed to carry predominantly traditional fabric and lots of kits, which I wasn't really in the mood for, so I didn't load up on fabric. I did get a bunch of random FQs and a few notions, but let me show you the three things that are absolutely droolworthy, that I haven't been able to stop petting. The first is this load of gorgeous Japanese cottons. The packs are fat eighths, and the rolls are FQs. I also picked up some Echino FQs. These came from Kallisti Quilts, who had the smallest booth in the joint - it was about the size of my bathroom - but it was packed! Everyone loved the gorgeous fabrics, and the stunning sample quilts they had made up. They also carried African and Indian printed cotton, which was spectacular. It wasn't cheap, as you can imagine, but I had such a craving - I bought as much as I could load up into my arms. Go and look at their website and see what they carry - it is wonderful!
The second thing I want to show is this small collection of Marcia Derse FQs from Quilters' Palette.
You are probably familiar with Marcia Derse's fabric, but I had never heard of her. It looks hand-dyed, but it's not. I think it's spectacular, and when I went home I combed the internet to find more. I found some here, but it doesn't seem to be wildly available. And if you go to Marcia Derse's webpage and click on Art, you can see the forthcoming line, Third in Line, which is giving me pains, I want it so bad. I'll show you some closer shots to increase your envy.
Lastly, I picked up this pack of 20 FQs of Kona cotton solids in assorted cool colours. Love!
So, I'm sorry, but all of that stuff that I showed you is mine, all mine [insert maniacal chortle here]. But I was on the lookout for goodies to give away, and here's what I came up with. I was motivated largely by the comments that you all left for me on my post asking for suggestions.
1. Pack of 60 Quilt Patis 1.5 diamond templates for English paper piecing. These are the same ones I use for the diamond hand-piecing project I have on the go.
2. A wool pincushion kit. This measures 6" square. Pretty cute, I think. I was reading a blog yesterday and the writer had bought the same kit. She was starting to work on it and it looks great!
3. Two Oh Cherry Oh by Me and My Sister for Moda charm packs. These are OOP.
4. Five half-yard cuts of a range of purple Kona cotton solids. So that makes 2.5 yards - actually meters, which is 39" - of fabric in total.
I hope you like the swag! I'm going to draw four winners, one for each piece of loot. In order to have a chance, please do TWO THINGS:
(1) take a look at the quilts listed on my sidebar and I've made and tell me which one is your favourite (you can include the WIPs). Have a look around, and if you would like what you see, feel free to become a follower, but this is not required.
(2) make sure you have a way for me to contact you if you are the winner. In other words, make sure you are not a no-reply blogger.
The comments will remain open until November 5. Good luck!