Fab Little Quilt Swap completed

/ Sunday 21 April 2013 /
Finished! I hope you like it, partner!
I got quite a bit of feedback on the different possibilities for backgrounds on this little mini, and of course the opinions varied as much as they possibly could. I think this is a good sign that my instincts are generally good, since all of them could have led to nice results, albeit all quite different in their overall effect.
upload
In the end, I went back to my partner's profile and tried to get a holistic sense of what she would like. She wasn't very involved in commenting on the photos or in the discussion threads, but from her description of her likes and dislikes, I finally went with the Nicey Jane yellow fabric.  I used a narrowish zigzag to quilt the segments of the flower, and I think it looks nice.
photo.JPG
Just to recap, I used Johanna's Royal Bloom tutorial for this flower, but instead of English paper piecing, I used raw edge applique and added a couple of die-cut flowers for the centre motif. It was relatively quick and easy, and the impact is all bang for the buck. I think I'll have to try this one again, for myself this time!


10 comments:

{ Thelma } on: 21 April 2013 at 13:32 said...

I thought I liked the red background until I saw your finish, the yellow with the little bit of purple was the best choice. That is one lucky swap partner, beautiful quilt, wonderfully done.

{ Lisa C } on: 21 April 2013 at 14:19 said...

I really like the yellow background and the binding is perfection.

Anonymous on: 21 April 2013 at 16:35 said...

It's really beautiful! You did a fantastic job, lucky partner!

{ Carol } on: 21 April 2013 at 19:14 said...

I love the colors. Your little quilt is so cute!!

{ Little Island Quilting } on: 22 April 2013 at 02:29 said...

Send it to me...it's right up my street!

{ Cindy Sharp } on: 22 April 2013 at 10:16 said...

It looks lovely. Well done.

{ two hippos } on: 22 April 2013 at 11:00 said...

It's beautiful. And the little bits of purple in the Nicey Jane print work perfectly with the purple leaves.

Anonymous on: 23 April 2013 at 22:27 said...

Excellent blog here! Additionally your site rather a lot up fast!
What host are you using? Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host?
I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Feel free to visit my web page online graduate certificates

Anonymous on: 24 April 2013 at 06:42 said...

Veгy niсе post. I ϳust stumbleԁ uрοn yоur blοg and wіshed to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll
be ѕubscribing tо уour feеd and
I hope you writе again verу ѕоon!



Stοp by my page vistaprint coupons

{ Ariane } on: 24 April 2013 at 22:13 said...

Wow! Your quilt is gorgeous!!! I love the colors and the fabrics. A beautiful spring quilt.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger