Labour Day

/ Monday 6 September 2010 /
I've been blogging for about as long as I have been quilting in the 21st century - just about a year. And going along with that is the whole quilting-oriented internet activity, such as reading blogs, following online tutorials and shopping for fabric. It has been interesting to see when the big sales hit. In Canada, Boxing Day is a big sale milestone. Not so much in the U.S. There are loads of online fabric sales on the Friday after Thanksgiving. And to my surprise there have been quite a few fabric sales associated with Labour Day. All this to say that I did a bit of fabric acquisition activity over the last few days. In particular, I couldn't resist Farmdale. So far from my usual taste, but I had such a craving!
I have a teaching load that is unbelievably intense this month, so I tried to take a bit of time to bring myself up to date with my bee sewing. The photo at the top of the page is for Dee, in the Incredible Shrinking Quilters' Bee. The two below are for Sharon, in the Maple Leaf Bee. She sent us a bunch of odds and ends, mainly Glace, and declared it quilter's choice. I had a charm pack of Glace that I plundered to add a bit more fabric to the pool. Hope these are in the ball park of what she was wanting!
Sharon's August Block for Maple Leaf Bee
Sharon's August Block for Maple Leaf Bee
This one is for Rebecca of the Modern Tradition Bee. If I had had more fabric, I would have fussy cut to add a bit more contrast to the squares surrounding the centre square. But I had to work with what I had - so the block is a bit lower contrast than ideal, but I still like it. I do like that Patty Young fabric line!
August Block in MTQB

4 comments:

{ ktquilts } on: 6 September 2010 at 13:23 said...

Beautiful Blocks!!! Can't wait to visit Dee and pet the one you made for her!!!

Blessings,

KT

{ Sarah Craig } on: 6 September 2010 at 14:00 said...

Love your blocks! And it is interesting to see (through blogland) how different countries honor their holidays with sales! I think, here in America, we haven't met a holiday that wasn't worth a sale!!

{ Stray Stitches (Linda G) } on: 6 September 2010 at 14:03 said...

All of your blocks are beautiful!

{ ParisMaddy } on: 7 September 2010 at 13:48 said...

Busy block month for you. They are all s cute.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger