Another Day of Quilting

/ Saturday 26 September 2009 /
The last day of our Square in a Square workshop saw us making these Southern Skies blocks. As I mentioned in a previous post, I really had no idea what I was going to be making when I prepared the materials for the workshop. I'm not sure I would have chosen this fabric had I known more about the pattern these blocks make up. On the clothesline, it's hard to see the blocks side by side, but it is striking how different the red and blue blocks appear. The Square in a Square method seems like a good choice for making long, skinny points without stretching or otherwise losing shape. Overall, I was pleased with the workshop, although I overbought in massive amounts, due to the poor directions on the materials list. Never mind, I now have enough fabric to make at least lap quilts from both of the patterns from today and yesterday, and I like them well enough to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger