Overworked

/ Sunday 11 December 2011 /
I have been seriously dilatory with blog posting lately.  In my defense, however, I had the heaviest teaching load ever this past term, and this left little time for meaningful sewing.  I have managed to get a few things done, however.
DSC_0914
This weekend, I finished up a simple little quilt top that is going to be finished up for my daughter's new BFF at university, Samantha.
DSC_0906
Sam saw the quilt that I made for my daughter and flipped over it.  Eve says Sam is always petting it when she comes into Eve's room.  I had started this project when I wanted some quick, mindless chain piecing, and it seemed perfect for a young woman's residence room.  So Sam will be getting this when it's finished up.
DSC_0909
If I'm lucky, I can finish it over the holiday and Eve can take it back with her when she goes back to Montreal in January.
DSC_0907
Being so busy at work, I was often pooped when I got home, and wanted nothing more than to watch some mindless television and do some hand work.  As a result, I'm happy to report that I finished up the quilt top for this hand-piecing project.
DSC_0921
It's made using the English paper-piecing approach (although I used the plastic Quilt Patis templates).  I started it in August 2010.
DSC_0920
DSC_0925
I thought about putting a border on this, but I'm not sure about it.  I'm thinking I should just stick a binding on it.  What do you think?
DSC_0919
DSC_0917
DSC_0923
I sure do love the photos of quilt tops taken from the "wrong" side.  To borrow from popular song canon, how can it be wrong when it seems so right?
DSC_0928
DSC_0933

17 comments:

{ Michele } on: 11 December 2011 at 12:39 said...

I love both of your quilts! Gorgeous use of color and the patterns are really fun.

{ Leanne } on: 11 December 2011 at 12:43 said...

Wow, the triangle quilt is lovely and the stars are amazing!! And the back picture does look wonderful. I look forward to seeing these quilted.

{ Debbie } on: 11 December 2011 at 13:03 said...

oh my goodness - just LOVE your pics of your quilts!! They are both beautiful! Won't Sam be thrilled!? SO nice of you. And RE: the borders on the 'star' quit - I'd just trim that baby & bind 'er up!

{ Michelle } on: 11 December 2011 at 13:10 said...

Ooooh - I love those stars, they're gorgeous!

{ Little Island Quilting } on: 11 December 2011 at 13:42 said...

I love both the quilt tops but am positively drooling over the star one. And no, it doesn't need a border. It is perfection the way it is now.

{ MariQuilts } on: 11 December 2011 at 13:50 said...

They're beautiful....I don't think a border is needed either.

{ Manda } on: 11 December 2011 at 14:31 said...

Both are gorgeous! Love them!

{ Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) } on: 11 December 2011 at 15:36 said...

Gorgeous!! I adore your star quilt...what an accomplishment.

I would be tempted to edge it with a narrow strip of the background colour, to let the stunning stars shine, and to give a little distance between the binding and the stars themselves. But I think I'm in the minority here :) It will be an absolute stunner no matter what.

{ Jessica } on: 11 December 2011 at 15:53 said...

thank you for the eye candy~ i love your pictures of quilts, so much that I almost want to send you my quilts just to photograph them on your closeline..
congrats on both finishes. I think if just adding binging to the EPP will get it done, then do it. i have two completed epp portions, just waiting for borders which may or may not ever happen. don't follow my example there!

{ Ariane } on: 11 December 2011 at 16:49 said...

Wow!! Both quilt tops are gorgeous!! I especially love the star quilt!! Amazing work!!!

{ Svarta Malin } on: 11 December 2011 at 16:57 said...

Wow! Two beautiful quilt tops!
The starquilt whith only binding is my opinion!
Your pictures are very much inspiration to me!!

{ Rachel } on: 11 December 2011 at 17:02 said...

Both of those quilts are gorgeous! What a lucky girl your daughter's friend is! The paper-pieced stars are so beautiful. Wow! You make me want to run to my sewing machine right now.

{ elle } on: 11 December 2011 at 17:05 said...

Bind it! It's beautiful.

{ Jennifer } on: 11 December 2011 at 18:52 said...

wow, lesly. what is the size of that finished diamond top? it truly is beautiful and i think a border just might ruin it. bind it as is, unless you absolutely need more quilt.

eve's friend will be tickled to get that quilt-- it's so cute!

{ Jenniffier } on: 13 December 2011 at 00:23 said...

Those are both so lovely! Your do such wonderful work!

{ Selfsewn } on: 3 January 2012 at 07:19 said...

Amazing!
I prefer it borderless?

Anonymous on: 6 January 2012 at 18:04 said...

I love both quilts. I'd go no border, but that's me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger