On to the next thing

/ Tuesday 27 November 2012 /
The next thing is this: a quilt top for a new baby. One of our graduate students had a baby girl recently. The student was supposed to be a guest lecturer in my class two weeks before she was due, and - cue Murphy's Law - she came early. Anyway, my doc student and I thought it would be a nice thing to make a quilt for the new baby.
Baby quilt made by me and @lheggie
We used the Big Shot Pro, a 3 1/2" HST die, and a bunch of fat quarters to make this sweet little quilt top. It's based on the Miss Rosie quilt pattern Chip, but we made our blocks a larger size and we didn't use a border. It's 48" square. In this photo, the greys look a bit brown, but they are really grey. I'm thinking some pink minky on the back.
Baby quilt made by me and @lheggie
Also, I was fairly restrained on the fabric front during the Thanksgiving commercial frenzy, but I did indulge in some heavy lifting on the Sizzix front. Joann's was having a 50% off sale on Sizzix products. They were mostly dies for paper crafting, but I did get some flower dies and cutting pads. Then the Canadian retailer Stitch in the Ditch had a massive clearout of Sizzix dies for 35% off, including some of the strip dies, HST dies, etc. I bought a LOT of dies. And although it was not on sale, I bought this Rose Dream die, as well. Can't wait to try this beauty out! I'll take pictures!
Black Friday indulgence

6 comments:

{ Jan } on: 27 November 2012 at 17:36 said...

What a fantastic quilt. She's going to love it.

{ Jenniffier } on: 27 November 2012 at 17:40 said...

The quilt looks great. The rose dream die looks like fun!

{ elle } on: 27 November 2012 at 18:26 said...

hmm, I've been wondering about getting a big shot. And here you are with a lovely top!

{ Thelma } on: 27 November 2012 at 18:27 said...

Lesly, this is an adorable baby girl quilt! And the pink minkee for the back, a must! I sure hope I get to see a picture of a baby in the middle of this quilt.

Good luck with your dies, so far, all I've bought for my Go Cutter are strip dies, I've not been very adventurous!

I succumbed to a little Black Friday fabric shopping, but I stuck with layer cakes, I'm making smaller quilts these days and a layer cake goes a looooong way!

{ Debbie } on: 28 November 2012 at 00:49 said...

Love the quilt!

{ Cindy Sharp } on: 29 November 2012 at 14:11 said...

Minky on the back is a brilliant idea. It will be perfect.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger