Care to Quilt Along?

/ Sunday 10 April 2011 /
Remember this quilt?
DSC_0159
I had a great time making it, so much fun that I agreed to make it again.  This time it's going to be for a friend's daughter who will be starting university in the fall; she wants her daughter to have a cuddly quilt to keep her warm in her new home in Toronto.  I'm going to be making it in solids, this time.  I'm using the Kauffman Kona Solids bundle in Hot Spice.

Want to quilt along with me?  The quilt is made from the pattern Curlicue by Rebecca Johnson of Chasing Cottons.  I know that many recent giveaways have featured this quilt, and I think it was a signing bonus with Fat Quarterly a few months ago.  I figure there may be a few folks out there who have bought or won the pattern, but haven't worked up the courage to venture into Curved Seams Land.  If that's you, maybe you want to come along with me as I make this quilt for the second time.  It's really much, much easier than it looks.

Here are some things you might want to know before you make up your mind to quilt along:
You would have to buy the pattern from Rebecca at her website - it is a downloadable .pdf so no waiting for the mailman!
The pattern requires 20 fat quarters (plus fabric for the backing and binding).
The quilt finishes at 48" x 55", but you could add a border, if you wanted it to be larger, I suppose.
Although I have a special presser foot for curves, you really don't need one.
I plan to start this quiltalong, if there is any interest, in two or three weeks, once Passover is behind us.

What do you think?  Any takers?

14 comments:

{ Lindsay Conner } on: 10 April 2011 at 13:30 said...

Don't have the pattern, but I might be swayed to join along!

{ Monica } on: 10 April 2011 at 13:38 said...

If I can find the time, I'd be up for it. I have a Bliss bundle that I think this pattern would look fantastic in.

{ Lori } on: 10 April 2011 at 14:44 said...

I just downloaded the pattern...this is so cute!

{ Debbie } on: 10 April 2011 at 15:10 said...

I just got the pattern and was wondering how to do it. A quiltalong would be the way!
I'll follow along.
Debbie

{ Jessica } on: 10 April 2011 at 15:37 said...

i really want to quilt along with you, but the semester ends on the 9th and i've got house guests from the 11-22nd. then we're off to greece on the 23rd. darn! I really think i need to get a sewing machine for my MIL's house..

i'm sure all the inspiration from the quilt along will help me finally tackle this quilt once i'm home again in july.
i guess i'll be quilting along in spirit~

{ wishes, true and kind } on: 10 April 2011 at 23:57 said...

What a great idea for a quilt along! I love that pattern! I am so tempted and would definitely join in if my daughter wasn't getting married next month. I'll just follow along and maybe think about starting one this summer. Such a pretty quilt!

{ Go-Go Kim } on: 11 April 2011 at 09:35 said...

This looks like it would be a lot of fun, I am in!

Anonymous on: 11 April 2011 at 10:19 said...

I downloaded the pattern too, and would love to quilt along.

{ Lee D } on: 11 April 2011 at 12:55 said...

would love to but I am just too darn busy these days with dance competition season and company coming and going to see my girls dance. good luck I will peak in to see the progress

{ Bree } on: 11 April 2011 at 14:47 said...

I'll have to get my hands on the pattern first, but I'm feeling like I'm in on this! I have a vision in my head for the finished product already!

{ Suzanna } on: 13 April 2011 at 10:08 said...

I sure am tempted. This would be perfect for my stash of Japanese FQs, although they may be too alike to create enough contrast (about half are that indigo blue). Aw, what the heck. Count me in!

{ nicoledemana crafts } on: 15 April 2011 at 11:08 said...

omg I love this design how complicated is it? still trying to get the dresden plate design right but that quilt is amazing thank you for sharing ttfn Nicole

{ Bellgirl } on: 26 May 2011 at 07:58 said...

I saw this quilt-along on your sidebar when I popped in for Giveaway Day. I love this pattern, but thought it would be too complicated for me to work out- so I'm delighted to discover your quilt-along!

{ Dresden } on: 27 June 2011 at 14:50 said...

I seriously cannot wait to see this quilt in solids. Please Please Please post a picture of it!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger