Success!

/ Saturday 9 January 2010 /
DSC_0055
Here it is! Jessica's block is complete, and it is the proper size! We can attribute all the angst in yesterday's post to user error. The problem seemed to be my printers. Neither of them printed the true size and I neglected to check with a ruler before I made the practice block. I really appreciate all the great suggestions that you all made for how I could save this block. I increased the print scale to 103%, as Suzanna suggested, and it made all the difference. Another suggestion was to increase the width of the centre strips just a smidge, and I think that would have worked fine, too. And I just have to shout out to Monica here, who so kindly offered to run up a block in the proper proportions in EQ and send me a pdf. I declare, you meet the nicest folks on teh interwebz!

I'll be sending this off to Jessica on Monday. I can't wait to see how her Coffee and Brown Sugar quilt looks with all the blocks together. Mind you, she has a big job for herself with all the pieced setting blocks that go between these focus blocks. It's going to be a stunner!

5 comments:

{ Lee D } on: 9 January 2010 at 16:09 said...

I too would call that a succcess. good work

{ Rene' } on: 9 January 2010 at 19:00 said...

Wow! The final block turned out great. I'm behind on my blog reading so just now read your last four. I am not a big fan of paper piecing and thought of adding it to my quilt resolutions as well to make myself try again. You did a great job. So glad everything worked out. Great idea to do a practice block first. I really like the fabrics you used for that one as well. I don't think they are too busy at all. I like the one suggestion offered that you make all your practice blocks with this fabric so you have a sampler quilt when you are done.

{ Suzanna } on: 9 January 2010 at 20:51 said...

Lesly, this block is stunning! Even more beautiful than your practice block, which I quite like with its mish-mash of fabric. Congrats!

{ Metanoia } on: 9 January 2010 at 21:39 said...

Excellent! I am so glad it worked out for you and I really like what you have done with the colours. Very effective.

{ Carol } on: 12 January 2010 at 19:52 said...

The block looks lovely.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger