Teh Awesome!

/ Wednesday 13 January 2010 /
Do you ever have one of those days when things are just out to get you, and then the mail comes, dropping an AWESOME BOMB OF SURPRISE AWESOMENESS in your lap?  That was me yesterday!  The truth is, I am not so successful sticking to my fabric diet, and I usually have these little treats sent to the university so that my husband isn't aware of how much fabric actually comes into the house. (What he doesn't know can't hurt me, am I right?  You know I am!)  So when I saw this little box, I assumed it was something I had ordered.  I opened it up to find the oh-so-generous "pay it forward" treasure box assembled by Momloves2quilt.  I had completely forgotten about it, and I was flabbergasted by the great things inside!  This was truly a ray of sunshine on a miserable Canadian-winter day!
Pay it forward score!
Here's what I got:
2 yards of this green Glace print
2 Glace charm packs
Schnibbles pattern "Hat Trick"
Sweet little notepad with magnetic back
Little book called 100 Tips from Award Winning Quilters

The deal with Pay-It-Forwards, as I'm sure you know, is that the recipient commits to sending a goody-bag of some sort, be it handmade goodness or tools/supplies/patterns, to three people, during the next 365 days.  And those three people commit to doing the same.  I am happy to pay it forward to three people who leave comments here, chosen by the good old random number generator.  I'll draw the three names on January 20.  Important:  There has to be some way to contact you.  Although you type in your email address when you leave a comment I am not able to see it unless you have set your profile settings appropriately.  I have been able to find a couple of commenters in the blogopolis due to their unique user names, but there is at least one commenter who I cannot identify yet.  If you are in doubt, here's what you do:  go to your profile and click edit.  The box that says "show email" should be checked.  If not, check it.  It is a bit misleading, because although it says "show email", your email address will not show up when you leave a comment on someone else's blog, but the blog owner will be able to return an email to you.  If you are still reluctant to do that, you can leave your blog address or your Flickr username and I can find you.

Updated to add: How terrible is the news about the earthquake in Haiti!  The networks show photos and video of utter destruction.  I encourage everyone to give to your local Red Cross aid efforts.  And kudos to the Israelis, who were first on the scene for disaster support.

13 comments:

{ Dee } on: 13 January 2010 at 09:03 said...

Love the package! How cheery to find a happy, little package just for you! I must admit, I'm thrilled when something other than bills and junk mail comes my way!

Praying for those in Haiti! Thanks for the reminder and encouragement!

{ Deanna } on: 13 January 2010 at 09:10 said...

I would love to pay it forward. It seems these things always arrive when they are needed most.

{ Monica } on: 13 January 2010 at 09:37 said...

What a great idea! I'm in. I love surprising people with goodies.

{ Debra @ Life is a Stitch } on: 13 January 2010 at 10:02 said...

I love the "Pay It Forward" idea. If only the whole world adopted this mentality! Thanks so much for the offer, I would truly appreciate a little sunshine this time of year.
And, yes, prayers for the Haitians.
Thanks, Debra in Ohio

{ Crafty Maine Mom } on: 13 January 2010 at 10:58 said...

What a great surprise. A little bit of hapiness. I would love to be a part of this.

Balinda

{ midnight hysteria } on: 13 January 2010 at 14:31 said...

i want to pay-it-forward ... i love giving packages and receiving them ... your package is wonderful; glace is a lovely fabric ...

{ Marianne Penner } on: 13 January 2010 at 22:12 said...

What a great surprise. Love the Schnibbles pattern.

{ Tamera } on: 14 January 2010 at 07:19 said...

I'd LOVE to be part of the "Pay it Forward" effort. Include me in the drawing, please! :-)

{ sharon } on: 14 January 2010 at 11:37 said...

What a wonderful thing, I love the pay if forward idea. Please count me in!

{ Claudia } on: 14 January 2010 at 17:24 said...

What a cool concept! Count me in! :)

{ Becky Gonce } on: 14 January 2010 at 23:00 said...

Sounds like fun! count me in!

{ Kelley O } on: 15 January 2010 at 15:30 said...

What a thoughtful package you received. I would love to participate in the pay-it-forward. Making someone smile is the ultimate reward of kindness.
Thank You, Kelley
koletzke@centurytel.net

{ Patty } on: 15 January 2010 at 19:02 said...

You are so welcome. I love that you have packages sent to your work address, cos I do that too!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger