Slogging Along

/ Friday 6 November 2009 /

VAlues blocks, originally uploaded by Shadrach Meshach & Abednego.
Boo hoo - it's Friday and I have nothing to share over at Amy's Sew-n-Tell sisterhood. But rather than not post at all, I couldn't resist laying out some of my blocks for the Values quilt, because they are all trimmed and ready to be pieced, and because the colours are so pretty. These are just a few of the blocks - this quilt is going to be bigger than I realized - not massive, but fairly substantially sized.  Katie, the brainchild behind this quiltalong, calls hers "Mine, All Mine", and I can completely relate to that, since I have all kinds of scraps in here from quilts that have been gifted.  It's a nice reminder of all that work that I did.  This was completely unstudied - whatever blocks came to hand.  I think I can do a better job of matching blocks to emphasize the dark/light contrast.  And this probably will not be the layout that I go with (but who knows). However, I just wanted to post something to show that I'm still slogging along!  Fingers crossed, I'll have something more substantial to show next week.

Update:  Seriously, what the heck?  Today before noon, three of the blogs on my feed reader make reference to French General's Rouenneries line.  I have been steadfastly resisting succumbing to this drop-dead gorgeous line of fabrics, but clearly, this is an omen, a message to me: "Get thee to the online fabric store."  Who am I to argue with a message from the beyond?

Update re: update:  I ordered one layer cake and two charm packs of Rouenneries from Hancocks of Paducah, and then saw that they had Erin McMorris' Wildwood line on sale for $5 a yard.  Here in Canada we pay at least double that.  After a brief struggle with my conscience, I convinced myself that I already do plenty to keep my LQS in business.  Woe is my credit card.

6 comments:

{ Jean } on: 6 November 2009 at 19:23 said...

The colors made me smile. I really like this, and it will be fun to see it later when you put it together in its final form. Glad you shared.

{ Jeannette } on: 6 November 2009 at 21:51 said...

I just bought three yards of a French General last night for the back of a small quilt...I shut my eyes to the price and plunged. I had tried every piece of fabric that I own and there was nothing that was right. The store I went to is very tiny and unique and the owner told me that she had just put the fabric I chose on the floor. So as you said... who am I to argue with...

{ Lara } on: 6 November 2009 at 22:28 said...

Oh I can't wait to see more of this one! It's going to look amazing... I love the richness of the blocks. The colours are lovely! What a lovely reminder too of all the quilts you've made by incorporating some of the scraps.

I treated myself to a charm pack of FG and I love it.

I am also going to purchase a bit more for my friends wedding quilt. The line is almost made for her :)

Have a great weekend.

{ Debra @ Life is a Stitch } on: 7 November 2009 at 00:22 said...

I, too, fell in love with the Rouenneries/FG line. I have used it and started the "Irish Birds" by Lynette Anderson. Wasn't going to start until after the new year, but couldn't resist. I think it is a growing disease: Rouenneriesitis!

{ wishes, true and kind } on: 7 November 2009 at 08:54 said...

Love your value quilt. And I'm about ready to order some Rouenneries, too. I've been trying to resist, because I have gone a little crazy lately with the fabric purchases, but I'm not sure how long I can hold out....

{ Rene' } on: 7 November 2009 at 19:35 said...

These value blocks are wonderful. So love the colors. You are definitely plugging along. Can't wait to see the final quilt.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger