EPP Diamonds update

/ Thursday 19 May 2011 /
I don't know why I feel compelled to have he first words out of my (virtual) mouth be "Please overlook my bad housekeeping" - nevertheless, please do!

 Because it has gotten so big, I couldn't find a better place to lay out my English paper-pieced diamonds in order to snap an update photo. I started working on this in the middle of August of last year. They are made using 1.5" plastic templates (I use Quilt Patis brand). I have enough diamonds cut to extend it probably one side's worth of diamonds and then I'm going to stop and turn my hand to finishing the quilt. Jessica said she appliques the pointy edges of the diamonds to a piece of fabric with a straight edge that you can then put a binding on. Sounds good to me, but it's going to be a lot of hand sewing! I'd better get to it - I'd love to have it done before August rolls around, but I think that's unlikely!

To see more EPP diamonds, check out our Flickr group here!

10 comments:

{ Jenn } on: 19 May 2011 at 18:51 said...

it's really very pretty and quite a work of art and TIME!

{ Linz } on: 19 May 2011 at 21:42 said...

Wow! That is incredible!!!

{ elle } on: 19 May 2011 at 22:02 said...

Oh my goodness, Lesly! Three cheers. An amazing job. Ya done did good. ;^)

{ Jennifer } on: 19 May 2011 at 22:13 said...

very nice!

{ anne } on: 20 May 2011 at 07:24 said...

Wonderful, love your star quilt. How do you make those stars as would love to have a portable project.

{ Dee } on: 20 May 2011 at 08:36 said...

I've loved watching this grow! It's amazing!

{ Dresden Quilter } on: 20 May 2011 at 10:45 said...

It is stunning!

{ Selfsewn } on: 20 May 2011 at 11:45 said...

It's looking great!
I've just quilted mine..

Have a super weekend

Clare

{ Kristen } on: 21 May 2011 at 20:34 said...

Beautiful! Never complain about lots of books! :)

{ Loree } on: 4 August 2011 at 12:37 said...

It looks great.I hope mine turns out half that pretty. I just started cutting out my diamonds yesterday.
I think I have lost my mind to start a project like this. I wanted something I could work on durring my lunch breaks. Maybe I won't eat so much :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger