I'm late, so late

/ Tuesday 2 August 2011 /
I am very very behind my time, given that I had initially set my deadline to be the end of June.  My MIL's sudden passing put an end to that.  I am sorry that my first ever quiltalong should suffer from a grievous loss of leadership!  But at last, I have finished my ogee quilt top, done up in solids.  I used the Hot Spice bundle of Kona solid FQs.
DSC_0681
I think this colourway is interesting - it doesn't quite do the same gradation of colour as some of the other Kona solid bundles that I've seen.  But I know this is going to work up really nicely once it's quilted.  I'm looking forward to picking some variegated thread for the FMQ.
DSC_0677
You might remember that this quilt was commissioned by a friend for her daughter, who is going off to university next month.  I am waiting for her to give me a little poem that I will work into the label on the back.  I'm looking forward to being able to wrap this up so I can embark on a project that will be mine, all mine (insert wicked cackle here)!  P. S.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show you Susie at the bottom of this photo above!

16 comments:

{ chasing lightning bugs } on: 2 August 2011 at 09:45 said...

so sorry about your mother in laws death. it must be a difficult time.
this quilt is beautiful. i can't even imagine how you achieved this, but it's wonderful!

{ Susan } on: 2 August 2011 at 09:52 said...

The colors in your Ogee Quilt are gorgeous and something I have not seen before. So sorry about your MIL's passing.

{ Bree } on: 2 August 2011 at 09:52 said...

love it!! i finally finished up my top, but I have to add borders because of my awesome cutting error :)

{ ferne } on: 2 August 2011 at 09:59 said...

This quilt turned out beautiful and should be fun to quilt! I have to tell you that I love the picture in your header, makes me rethink how good orange and gray look together...to think how I avoid wearing orange with my gray hair, hmmm!

{ Sarah Craig } on: 2 August 2011 at 10:17 said...

Oooh, I love the way the colors all work together - I never would have thought of using one of those Kona solid bundles like this - you clever thing!! Now it's going to have to go on my bucket list - especially since I learned I can sew curves!!!

And tell Susie she's adorable!!

{ Dara } on: 2 August 2011 at 11:36 said...

Looks awesome. I love the warm and depth of the quilt.

{ Lindsay Conner } on: 2 August 2011 at 12:58 said...

I thought this quilt would look great in solids--yours looks fabulous! Thanks for confirming :)

{ elle } on: 2 August 2011 at 14:20 said...

Whoa! Luv the rich colours. The quilting on this is going to be smashing. Go, go go. Then cackle! lol

{ rooee } on: 2 August 2011 at 15:27 said...

this is spectacular, look forward to seeing it quilted. :)

{ Judith, Belfast } on: 2 August 2011 at 17:32 said...

Those colours are gorgeous Lesly - well worth the wait. Jxo

{ Jennifer } on: 2 August 2011 at 18:39 said...

It's just beautiful! The varigated thread will add even more visual interest to the quilt. It almost creates a texture of color... if that makes sense.

Jennifer :)

PS I'm so sorry about your MIL's passing.

{ CraftyMummy } on: 2 August 2011 at 22:13 said...

Love those curves! Gorgeous

{ Sara } on: 2 August 2011 at 22:14 said...

fabulous finish---stunning pattern and colors!!

{ Claudia } on: 3 August 2011 at 15:28 said...

This will look fabulous quilted up, Lesly. I think I prefer the solids version over the prints.
My condolences on your MILs passing.

{ Jennifer } on: 5 August 2011 at 19:56 said...

the quilt looks great, and susie looks like a raccoon!

{ Cindy } on: 7 August 2011 at 16:34 said...

Yeah...I've been looking forward to seeing your top done! I bought the fabrics from mine and am still cutting...it gets tedious and I stop for days on end. Seeing finished tops reminds me again how much I love this pattern. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger