Busy weekend but little to show

/ Sunday 16 May 2010 /
Yes, friends, I was fairly productive this weekend, huzzah! As you can see, I started quilting the neutrals quilt. I was amazed at the range of suggestions offered for the back, whether it should have colour or continue the neutral theme. For the colours, there were so many different suggestions. I liked them all, and think they would all work wonderfully well. I guess it's true that neutrals go with everything! I won't reveal just yet what I decided - I'll leave you all in suspense a little longer!
But I have little photographic evidence of the rest of my weekend work, because, in my haste to catch up on my heinously behind bees, I packaged up the two bee blocks that I completed before taking photos. I had a nagging feeling that I had forgotten something. Anyway, believe me when I say they were not evidence of my finest hour. I finally made the gnome home for Sharon of the Incredible Shrinkers, and despite best efforts, this one ended up looking like something a Habitat for Gnomanity team on crack made. I am so sorry, Sharon. I did my best. I also made the two vintage sheet pinwheel blocks for Heather, in the Maple Leaf Bee. So I have caught up with my April bees, which is no real accomplishment, since it's the middle of May.
Waterproof gardening gloves
I also wanted to show you these waterproof gardening gloves. Because why? Because tomorrow morning at 6.30 I'll be doing pushups in the mud at a fitness boot camp, and looking forward to four days a week of this regime, for four weeks. Why, oh, why? All I can say is it sounded like a good idea at the time.   At least these will keep my hands out of the mud.

P.S. This is my 97th blog post. My century post is looming, and a giveaway, too! What will it be? Hmmmm *scratches chin*.......

9 comments:

{ Jennifer } on: 16 May 2010 at 20:27 said...

blog twins! i have 97 posts, too! i was going to do a giveaway... do you think i'll get as many comments?

{ Sarah Craig } on: 16 May 2010 at 22:04 said...

Beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see what you chose for the backing....

{ Dee } on: 16 May 2010 at 22:16 said...

Holding us hostage eh?

Mud?

Mail the April Bee? Ack! I just found the package to her after moving my sewing stuff out to the sunroom. I thought I had already mailed it!

Hoooraaahhhing for you during boot camp!

{ Thelma } on: 16 May 2010 at 22:49 said...

Oh my, Good Luck with boot camp.....

and quilting your quilt! I can hardly wait to see what you decided to use for the back.

Almost 100 posts......where does time go, we just started our blogs......

{ Lee D } on: 17 May 2010 at 00:26 said...

oh you sly one not telling us what is on the back of this one! good luck with the push ups....can't wait for your giveaway!

{ My Life In Stitch } on: 17 May 2010 at 03:30 said...

GO GIRL GO !! Good luck with the boot camp - rather you than me!!!

{ Rene' } on: 17 May 2010 at 08:39 said...

Lesly, congratulations on almost reaching the century mark! Aren't you glad we aren't discussing our age?! Can't wait to see what you chose for the back of your quilt. Good luck with the boot camp.

{ Claudia } on: 17 May 2010 at 12:47 said...

Are you giving away the neutrals quilt? Looks lovely so far. I like the swirls.

{ Carol } on: 17 May 2010 at 15:00 said...

While you may not be all that thrilled with using neutrals at least you tried it out.

Good luck with "boot camp" The glove colors would look great on the back of your quilt :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger