My new crush

/ Tuesday 18 May 2010 /

DSC_0022, originally uploaded by Shadrach Meshach & Abednego.
Oh my, I am totally crushing on this pattern that arrived in the mail the other day. One of the current quilting mags (I'm sorry I can't remember which one) has a spread on Minick and Simpson, and this quilt was featured hanging out on the line. I just flipped for it.  And look, it came with photos of the quilt in two different colourways, and isn't it interesting how different they look? This is going to have to be the next quilt I make for myself. I just adore it. Don't you?
DSC_0019
P.S. I'm still working towards having the neutrals quilt finished in time for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival on Friday. Depending on how the Canadiens play against Philadelphia tonight, I may or may not get the binding on. Go, Habs, go!
P.P.S. This is my 99th blog post. You know what that means, don't you?

7 comments:

{ Dee } on: 18 May 2010 at 16:35 said...

My head hurts just from looking at this! What an incredible quilt this is going to be!

Maybe in blue, green or yellows?

{ Monica } on: 18 May 2010 at 17:08 said...

Don't you just love Miss Rosie patterns? I have that same pattern and all the fabrics ready to go. I'll get to it someday.

{ elle } on: 18 May 2010 at 19:44 said...

oh, yes. GO!

{ Lee D } on: 18 May 2010 at 20:28 said...

great pattern! oh the possibilities with fabric. you are right GO Habs GO! just don't tell my husband that!!:) do i smell the hint of a giveaway!!!

{ In Awe of Applique } on: 18 May 2010 at 21:16 said...

I was admiring that pattern myself, didn't see that it came in a darker colorway...thinking I might have to purchase that one myself, can't wait to see yours!!
~Andrea

{ My Life In Stitch } on: 19 May 2010 at 03:40 said...

Wow what an amazing pattern! I like the first colourway best. Can't wait to see how you make this one up:)

{ The Calico Cat } on: 19 May 2010 at 07:52 said...

You know, I saw that in red & was meh. Now the blue I can sink my teeth into. (Though I am still not thrilled with the "scrappiness" in those 9 patches... Or maybe it is the reds...)

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by - I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave me a comment!

Popular Posts

Modern Day Quilts
 
Copyright © 2010 Stitch Literate, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger